JTs Kia - Win the Use of a Forte (the “Contest”)|
Sponsors Sponsor 1 - JTs Kia - 230 Killian Commons Parkway, Columbia, SC 29203
NO PURCHASE, TEST DRIVE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN AT GIVEAWAY EVENTS. RULES MAY BE CHANGED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
Open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older, have a valid U.S. driver’s license and a valid U.S. Social Security number. Void where prohibited. Participants and winners must reside within a 200 mile radius of Sponsor’s primary business location (the “Area”). Participants must be legal residents of the United States at the time of entry. Restrictions on who may participate and win apply. See paragraph on eligibility and limitations. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The Contest is administered by the Sponsors and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the contest administrator. Entrant(s) acknowledges and understands that any information provided will be used for administering the Contest. The Contest sponsor(s), promotional partner(s) and administrator are herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities.
1. Description of Contest/Participation
Dates of Contest
Contest will begin Monday, 3/10/2014 at 9:00 AM Eastern Daylight time and end Saturday 3 /29 /2014 at approximately 12:25 pm Eastern Daylight Time with the actual Giveaway Event. The registration period for the contest ends at 11:00 am Eastern Daylight Time 3/29/14. Anyone who is not registered and physically present at JTs Kia by 11:00 am 3/29/14 will not be eligible to participate in the Giveaway Event. There will be one Giveaway event on Saturday, March 29 at JTs Kia which will start at approximately noon and end at approximately 12:30 p.m.
How to Participate
Contest period for Registration -------Dates: 3/10- 3/29
People may register by going to http://archive.wltx.com/legacy/jts/ or by going to the JTs Kia website www.kiacolumbiasc.com and submitting the online registration form. Only one entry per person per day online, however the registration may also be printed and submitted at the dealership. Those Individuals who print the properly filled out online form and take it to JTs Kia at 230 Killian Commons Parkway double their registration opportunities for that day. Entries submitted at the dealership must be during JTs Kia normal business hours. Check the JTs Kia website for days and hours of operation.
Giveaway Event - Saturday, March 29, 2014 – Random Drawing – MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN
Registrants MUST BE PRESENT AT JTs KIA FOR A CHANCE TO WIN THE RANDOM DRAWING.
WLTX will be live at the JTs Kia dealership with an on-air broadcast from Noon to 12:30p. At approximately 12:20 to 12:25, a name will be drawn from all of the properly registered participants who are physically present at the dealership. The name drawn will be the Grand prize winner unless that person is not physically present at the time the name is announced. The winning person wins the use of a Kia Forte for a 36 month prepaid lease.
ALL REGISTRANTS MUST BE AT JTs KIA AT 11:00 am ON Saturday, March 29, 2014 IN ORDER TO Sign in, verify eligibility AND PARTICIPATE IN THE FINAL DRAWING. THE START TIME OF THE GIVEAWAY EVENT WILL BE NOON. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN
THE EXACT MODEL AND CAR for the GIVEAWAY WILL BE SELECTED BY JTS KIA. THE SELECTION OF THE VEHICLE BY JTs KIA IS FINAL. ONLY A PROPERLY REGISTERED CONTESTANT PRESENT AT JTs KIA ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT MAY BE SELECTED AS A WINNER. THE TIME OF THE GIVEAWAY EVENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
IF THE WINNER AT THE GIVEAWAY EVENT IS DISQUALIFIED, JTs KIA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE AN ALTERNATE WINNER BY CONDUCTING A RANDOM DRAWING from the REMAINING NAMES. NO MORE PRIZES OTHER THAN THE STATED PRIZE(S) BELOW WILL BE AWARDED.
2. Contest Restrictions
JTs Kia reserves at their discretion the right to choose an alternate winner in the event that a winner has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. If the entrant is unable to verify registration information the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited. Sponsor 1, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate entry at that time. Contest Entities are NOT responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Notification of any contest changes, like day and time of Giveaway, are deemed to have occurred immediately upon the placing of a phone call or sending of an e-mail or any other form of communication the Sponsor or Contest Entities may use to contact the qualifiers. No Sponsor or Contest Entity is obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a qualifier. If the selected winner does not claim the prize within the appropriate time stated within the rules or unless otherwise stated herein, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited. No alternative prize other than the one stated below will be substituted.
Furthermore eligible contestants agree as follows: All decisions of the judges will be final. By participating, each entrant agrees (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that as between you, the Sponsors and Contest Entities, the decisions of the Sponsor(s) are final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) that you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) that in the event you do not comply with the rules, you will be disqualified. Sponsor 1 in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate winner in the event of disqualification at the Giveaway Events. The Sponsors may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time without notice.
Entries are subject to any applicable restrictions or eligibility requirements listed herein. Information for qualifiers will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email or telephone phone number submitted at the time of entry and qualification. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. No Sponsor is responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, or incomplete entries. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, mobile service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, mobile phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Contest entries must contain all information requested and must be received on or before the deadline for registration to be deemed valid. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be receipt acknowledged or returned.
Contest may be discontinued at any time without notice. Owners and employees of the sponsors, their parent companies or holding companies and their agents and promotional partners are prohibited from participating in the Contest.
The use of a new Kia automobile for a period of 36 months will be awarded to one (1) winner at the end of the Contest Period. EXACT MODELS AND VEHICLES WILL BE DETERMINED BY JTS KIA. ONLY ONE PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED TO THE WINNING CONTESTANT.
4. One (1) Prize of this type will be awarded -- below description is for example purposes only
Actual vehicle will be determined by JTs Kia.
36 month ONE PAY LEASE:
2014 KIA FORTE, MSRP $16,910 36 month lease with 12000 MILES PER YEAR, $7270.84 VALUE OF Payments made, Selling Price $16,138 plus tax and tag. RESIDUAL VALUE 10,653.30 AT END OF TERM, $400 DISPOSITION FEE
Prize consists of one payment for a car lease for the term of thirty six months, 12,000 miles per year (36,000 miles total). Sponsor pays sales tax. WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ALL OTHER LOCAL, COUNTY, STATE AND FEDERAL TAXES ON THE PRIZE. WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROPERTY TAXES THAT BECOME DUE AT ANY POINT DURING THE LEASE PERIOD. PRIZE WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL REGISTRATION, DEALER PREPARATION, INSURANCE, VEHICLE UPGRADES AND ANY OTHER FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THE LEASE OF THE AUTOMOBILE AND IS SUBJECT TO THE LEASE AGREEMENT. WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL VEHICLE MAINTENANCE AND MUST MAINTAIN VEHICLE IN GOOD CONDITION THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE LEASE PERIOD. WINNER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR EXCESS MILEAGE GREATER THAN 36,000 MILES FOR THE LEASE TERM (AT COST OF $.20 PER MILE), AND WILL ASSUME VEHICLE DAMAGE RESPONSIBILITY PER THE LEASE AGREEMENT. WINNER MUST POSSESS A VALID UNITED STATES SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, A VALID UNITED STATES DRIVER’S LICENSE AND SHOW PROOF OF AUTOMOBILE LIABILITY INSURANCE, AS REQUIRED IN THE LEASE PRIOR TO TAKING POSSESSION OF THE VEHICLE. WINNER MUST QUALIFY AND COMPLY WITH ALL TERMS OF THE VEHICLE LEASE AGREEMENT TO BE ELIGIBLE.
Prize Buyout Option:
IN LIEU OF ACCEPTING THE ABOVE DESCRIBED PRIZE OF THE USE OF A KIA FOR THIRTY SIX MONTHS, WINNER MAY CHOOSE AT THEIR DISCRETION TO AN AGREED BUYOUT OPTION OF $4,000.00 AND FORFEIT ANY FURTHER CLAIM TO THE USE OF A KIA. IF THE BUYOUT OPTION IS SELECTED NO VEHICLE LEASE WILL BE AWARDED TO THAT WINNER. IN THE EVENT THAT A WINNER HAS SELECTED THE CASH BUYOUT OPTION, THE WINNER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL TAXES ON THE CASH AMOUNT AWARDED. NO FURTHER COMPENSATION SHALL BE DUE AND NO DIFFERENCE IN THE PRIZE VALUE AND BUYOUT OPTION WILL BE PAID. THE CASH BUYOUT MAY BE PAID IN CERTIFIED FUNDS.
5. Prize Conditions and Restrictions: The Prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified in this document. Winner must comply with all rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize in its entirety. The prize elements will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc). Conditions and restrictions may apply. If a winner is disqualified, JTs Kia reserves the right to determine an alternate winner by conducting a random drawing of the remaining finalist names. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable by the winner to any other entrant. The prize that may be awarded to the eligible winner is not transferable, redeemable or exchangeable for any other prize except as described above or at Sponsor 1’s discretion. All prizes must be redeemed from Sponsor 1’s representative within 25 days of the contest Giveaway Event unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes on their respective prize. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered, except as described above or at the discretion of Sponsor 1. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor 1 reserves the right to substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by Sponsor 1 in its sole discretion. Winner(s) must present U.S. government authorized identification at registration on the day of the Giveaway Event and again prior to being awarded the prize. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. If any winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the contest, Sponsor 1 reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at their discretion.
6. Acceptance of Prize
By accepting the prize, Winner must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign a release to be eligible to receive a prize and hereby agrees that: (i) that all decisions of the Sponsors, judges, and Contest Entities with respect to the Contest are final and binding; (ii) to release the Sponsors and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; (iii) to allow the Sponsors to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation; and (iv) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ control. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of Prize winner. No Sponsor makes, nor is it responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. No Sponsor will have any further obligation to winner. All taxes, upgrades and any other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules as included in the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
7. Eligibility and Limitations. PARTICIPANTS AND WINNER(S) MUST BE AT LEAST 18-YEARS OLD ON THE DATE OF THE GIVEAWAY, HAVE A VALID U. S. DRIVER’S LICENSE AND U.S. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY AND PRIZE AWARD AS DETERMINED BY THE SPONSOR AND BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C. PARTICIPANTS AND WINNERS MUST RESIDE WITHIN A 200 MILE RADIUS OF SPONSOR’S PRIMARY BUSINESS LOCATION (THE “AREA”). Unless otherwise stated in the Official Contest Rules, only one (1) entry per person, per Sponsor Business Day for the duration of the Contest. The potential prize winner may (in the discretion of the Sponsor) be required to sign and return any form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty four (24) hours after the first (1st) delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated herein or at the time of notification. The potential prize winner's failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Notwithstanding the determined age requirement set forth above, it is strictly prohibited for anyone who does not meet the age requirement at the time of the giveaway to be allowed to participate in the contest. Employees of the participating sponsors, their advertising agencies, other broadcast companies doing business in South Carolina, to include all Radio and TV stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
8. Tampering and Delivery Disclaimer The Sponsor, in its discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and prohibit from participating any person, who the Sponsor determines (in its discretion) is or is attempting to: (i) tamper with any part of the Contest; (ii) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, (iii) intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants, agents or representatives of the Sponsor; and/or (iv) otherwise violating these Official Rules.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS AND THEIR LICENSEES (IF ANY) RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER AVAILABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSORS AND THEIR AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES AND/OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES) THAT MAY BE ASSERTED AGAINST OR INCURRED BY ANY OF THEM AT ANY TIME, IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE THEREOF, AND/OR BY ENTRANT’S BREACHES OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST.
If, in the “Sponsors” opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud, electronic or non-electronic tampering or unauthorized intervention with any portion of this Contest, or if fraud or technical difficulties of any sort (e.g., computer viruses, bugs) compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right to void suspect Entry and/or evaluations and/or terminate the Contest and award the Prize(s) in their discretion. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on an email address, the entry in question may be disqualified. For all aspects of the contest the Sponsors disclaim all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. All entry forms in this contest must be handwritten. Photocopies or mechanical reproductions of any entry forms are not permitted. In the event of termination of the Contest by the Sponsors, the Sponsors reserve the right to award any prize(s) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsors. In no event will the type and quantity of prizes awarded exceed the number of prizes described in the Official Contest Rules.
9. Publicity; Use of Personal Information By participating, where allowed by law, all winner(s) grant the Sponsors exclusive permission to wrap the car with advertising messages for JTs Kia. Winner also grants permission to the Sponsors to use their name, character, photograph, voice, and likeness in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waives any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Sponsor may use such information for marketing purposes, and may include the names of winner(s) in a publicly available winner(s) list. Winner further agrees that if he/she takes the use of the car as the final prize that he/she will periodically return the car to JTs Kia, at least twice per year during the term of the lease, for inspection of the advertising wrap and to give JTs Kia the opportunity to freshen the message and/ or to repair any wear and tear to the wrap. The times of inspection will occur during normal business hours of JTs KIA and will be mutually agreed upon by the winner and a representative of JTs Kia.
10. Release By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner holds harmless and waives any and all claims of liability or damages against the Contest’s Sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or any loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. In order to participate in the Giveaway Event or to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Sponsors.
11. Taxes Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsors, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or United States social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsor will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
12. Conduct and DecisionsBy participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsors’ personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsors will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Sponsors’ decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsors, the Sponsors reserve the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsors deem appropriate. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All decisions will be made by the Sponsors and are final. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to Sponsor or Sponsors’ "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by Sponsors shall mean in Sponsor or Sponsors’ "sole and unfettered discretion." Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, each Sponsor reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor 1 further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the discretion of the Sponsors, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort ; (iii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iv) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be made available, when practical.
13. MiscellaneousVoid outside the Area and where prohibited unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period from all participating Sponsor(s). The sole winner at each Giveaway Event must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsors’ release form to claim the prize. The Sponsors may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time without notice. The Sponsors disclaim any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the local business offices of the Sponsors during normal business hours or visit the website of any of the Sponsors. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages. (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
14. Compliance with Law BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THE FEDERAL AND STATE COURTS OF SOUTH CAROLINA AND WAIVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF THIS CONTEST ADJUDICATED IN ANY OTHER FORUM. IN NO EVENT WILL PARTICIPANT BE ENTITLED TO INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY KIND, OR RESTRAIIN THE CONTINUATION OF ANY CONTEST. SPONSORS SHALL FOLLOW THE APPLICABLE LAWS FOR CONDUCTING CONTESTS, INCLUDING NOTICE TO THE STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL OR CONSUMER AFFAIRS OFFICE, POSTING OF A PRIZE BOND, FURNISHING LISTS OF WINNERS, RUNNING SPECIFIC DISCLAIMERS, PROVIDING SPECIFIC WRITTEN INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTEST, ETC. AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LOCAL AND STATE LAW.